I am a Lecturer in the Department of Languages and Computer Science, University of Malaga, Spain. My current research focuses on speech restoration after disease or trauma using machine learning and signal processing.
- Clinical applications of speech technology.
- Automatic speech recognition.
- Machine learning.
- Speech processing.
- Martín-Doñas, J.M.; Gomez, A.M.; Gonzalez, J.A.; and Peinado, A.M., “A deep learning loss function based on the perceptual evaluation of the speech quality,” Accepted at IEEE Signal Processing Letters.
- Ma, N.; Gonzalez, J.A.; and Brown, G.J., “Robust binaural localisation of a target sound source by combining spectral source models and deep neural networks,” Accepted at IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing.
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.A.; Gomez, A.M.; Green, P.D.; Gilbert, J.M.; Ell, S.R.; Moore, R.K.; and Holdsworth, E., “Direct speech reconstruction from articulatory sensor data by machine learning,” IEEE-ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, 25(2):2362-2374, December 2017. Special issue on biosignal-based spoken communication (PDF).
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.A.; Green, P.D.; Gilbert, J.M.; Ell, S.R.; Moore, R.K.; and Holdsworth, E., “Evaluation of a silent speech interface based on magnetic sensing and deep learning for a phonetically rich vocabulary,” Proc. Interspeech 2017, Stockholm, Sweden (PDF,poster).
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Gomez, A.M.; Peinado, A.M.; Ma, N.; and Barker, J.P., “Spectral reconstruction and noise model estimation based on a masking model for noise-robust speech recognition,” Accepted at Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing, 2017 (PDF).
- Full list.