I am a Lecturer in the Department of Languages and Computer Science, University of Malaga, Spain. My current research focuses on speech restoration after disease or trauma using machine learning and signal processing.
- Clinical applications of speech technology.
- Automatic speech recognition.
- Machine learning.
- Speech processing.
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.A.; Gomez, A.M.; Green, P.D.; Gilbert, J.M.; Ell, S.R.; Moore, R.K.; and Holdsworth, E., “Direct speech reconstruction from articulatory sensor data by machine learning,”
- IEEE-ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, 25(2):2362-2374, December 2017. Special issue on biosignal-based spoken communication (PDF).
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.A.; Green, P.D.; Gilbert, J.M.; Ell, S.R.; Moore, R.K.; and Holdsworth, E., “Evaluation of a silent speech interface based on magnetic sensing and deep learning for a phonetically rich vocabulary,” Proc. Interspeech 2017, Stockholm, Sweden (PDF,poster).
- Gilbert, J.M.; Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.A.; Ell, S.R.; Green, P.D.; Moore, R.K.; and Holdsworth, E., “Restoring speech following total removal of the larynx by a learned transformation from sensor data to acoustics,” JASA Express Letters, 141(3), EL3017-EL313, 2017 (PDF).
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Gomez, A.M.; Peinado, A.M.; Ma, N.; and Barker, J.P., “Spectral reconstruction and noise model estimation based on a masking model for noise-robust speech recognition,” Accepted at Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing, 2017 (PDF).
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.; Bai, J.; Ell, S.; Gilbert, J.M.; Green, P.; and Moore, R.K., “A silent speech system based on permanent magnet articulography and direct synthesis,” Computer Speech and Language, 39:67-87, September 2016 (PDF).
- Full list.