I am a Research Fellow in the Department of Signal Theory, Telematics and Communications, University of Granada, Spain. My current research focuses on speech restoration after disease or trauma using machine learning and signal processing.
- Clinical applications of speech technology.
- Automatic speech recognition.
- Machine learning.
- Speech processing.
- Gomez-Alanis, A.; Peinado, A.M., Gonzalez, J.A.; Gomez, A.M., “A gated recurrent convolutional neural network for robust spoofing detection,” Accepted at IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing.
- Martín-Doñas, J.M.; Gomez, A.M.; Gonzalez, J.A.; and Peinado, A.M., “A deep learning loss function based on the perceptual evaluation of the speech quality,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 25(11):1680-1684, November 2018.
- Ma, N.; Gonzalez, J.A.; and Brown, G.J., “Robust binaural localisation of a target sound source by combining spectral source models and deep neural networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 26(11):2122-2131, November 2018.
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.A.; Gomez, A.M.; Green, P.D.; Gilbert, J.M.; Ell, S.R.; Moore, R.K.; and Holdsworth, E., “Direct speech reconstruction from articulatory sensor data by machine learning,” IEEE-ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, 25(2):2362-2374, December 2017. Special issue on biosignal-based spoken communication (PDF).
- Gonzalez, J.A.; Cheah, L.A.; Green, P.D.; Gilbert, J.M.; Ell, S.R.; Moore, R.K.; and Holdsworth, E., “Evaluation of a silent speech interface based on magnetic sensing and deep learning for a phonetically rich vocabulary,” Proc. Interspeech 2017, Stockholm, Sweden (PDF,poster).
- Full list.